General Membership Information
Through membership in a Lions Club people not only help those in need, but have opportunities to develop personal friendships and gain valuable leadership skills.
Membership is open to men and women of legal majority and good reputation in the community, and is by invitation only. Clubs meet at least twice a month and elect officers annually. The Association is governed by an international Board of Directors.
Each year approximately 20,000 Lions attend the International Convention to discuss new ideas, share experiences and reaffirm friendships and fellowships.
Those interested in membership should contact the Membership Chair.
What are the benefits of membership?
As a Lions Club member you will experience:
- A network of people who share common interests and a commitment to service, making an impact on your local community.
- Pride in commitment to demonstrate Lions motto, We Serve.
- Personal growth and leadership opportunity through mentoring and training programs.
- Fellowship with worldwide members at International convention and exchange programs.
- Extension of local efforts through Lions Clubs International Foundation helping others around the world.